CONNECTING POWER SYSTEM EXPERTS WITH KNOWLEDGE AND SOLUTIONS
There are many benefits in belonging to and participating within the world of CIGRE. Our members tell us that there are nine major benefits that stand out. For individual professionals, collective members and their wider organisations each benefit is enabled and substantiated by the CIGRE organisation, programme and outcomes it delivers. Watch the video for a summary of the nine or read on
1. Be prepared for the future
CIGRE’s unique structure and approach plugs members in to a future focused industry perspective simply not accessible from within a single organisation.
2. Learn from real world experiences, lessons and successes
As a collaborative, global community of pragmatic professionals, CIGRE members share best practice, technical expertise and solutions, openly and inclusively discussing and debating their real world experiences, mistakes and successes.
3. Inform your decisions with diverse perspectives from every corner of the globe
To make optimal power system decisions at home it is essential to take a world view about approaches to the environment, legislation, regulation, technologies and markets. CIGRE’s unique global network of practitioners provides diverse perspectives
4. Solve local challenges
At the heart of CIGRE are its 60+ National Committees (NCs) spanning over 90 countries. NCs are on the ground, local volunteer driven organisations. They implement CIGRE’s global strategic and technical plans to develop solutions to power system challenges. The solutions are shared across CIGRE’s global network, but ultimately applied locally.
5. Source the most authoritative reference information
Like the organisation itself, CIGRE publications stand alone as an authoritative technical source of power system knowledge and real world solutions.
6. Get unbiased facts
CIGRE’s fact-based approach is completely unbiased, vendor neutral and open to inclusive, frank discussion and debate about any issues, trends and challenges facing the power industry.
7. Gain access to world leading experts
The reputation of CIGRE members is very high. Key CIGRE positions are filled by top technical people who have built their expertise over many years of power system experience, often internationally recognized by senior peers as world leaders.
8. Grow your skills
Grow your individual and organisational skills through CIGRE’s unique peer to peer environment and broad training and educational opportunities.
9. Connect with your industry in a technical setting
Grow your individual and organisational network, profile and influence by participating at CIGRE events, on Working Groups and by writing and revising of reports and brochures.
WHO CAN BECOME A MEMBER?
Any individual who is interested in electric power systems can become a member of Slovenian CIGRE-CIRED or international CIGRE.
Upon joining individuals become fully stated individual members. Slovenian CIGRE-CIRED and international CIGRE also offer affordable membership for young members (until 35 years of age) who want to educate themselves and share their knowledge in CIGRE-CIRED community.
Read about benefits and advantages of becoming a member in Slovenian CIGRE-CIRED or international CIGRE:
GENERAL BENEFITS AND ADVANTAGES OF MEMBERSHIP
Individual members of Slovenian CIGRE-CIRED are entitled to the following benefits:
- Free pass or discounted price to CIGRE-CIRED conferences, workshops and other events (this is applicable only to the individuals who have been members for at least two years).
- Free and open access to e-archive of papers presented on slovenian confereces organized by CIGRE-CIRED.
- Free and open access to other special publications that are issued by CIGRE-CIRED.
- Free and open access to technical magazine Newsletters, which cover latest news and events in Slovene and international power system region (issued twice a year).
- Networking with Slovenian and international experts on events organized by CIGRE-CIRED.
- The possibility of cooperating in Study Committees with leading industry experts and increasing your knowledge, technical competences and expertise.
- Members of CIGRE-CIRED acquire membership points through their period of being members and a possibility of being promoted to distinguished member.
Individual members of international CIGRE Individualni član mednarodnega združenja CIGRE imajo na voljo sledeče ugodnosti:
- Free and open access to technical magazine ELECTRA (issued 6-time a year).
- Free and open access to 10.000+ documents, guidelines and other publications of international CIGRE on knowledge programme e-cigre. These publications are the results of multiyear work of multiple experts producing working groups publications, ELECTRA papers, conferences, workshops and simposia papers and much more.
- Free and open access to KMS portal (Knowledge Management System), where you can instantly connect with any of the world’s leading expert in international CIGRE community.
- 20-25 % discount on event fees suchs as CIGRE Paris Session, international Simposia and other CIGRE events.
- The possibility of collaboration and knowledge sharing in international Study Committees (besides being member of international CIGRE the conditions are that you need to be invited by National Committee based on your technical references and high quality of your past and current work).
Develop your technical competences and boost your career