STRUCTURE OF INTERNATIONAL CIRED
International CIRED has multiple governing bodies, which are connected into hierarchical structure. Governing bodies ensure that CIRED activities produce high quality results which can be seen through member satisfaction during CIRED international events.
The governing bodies of international CIRED are:
- Main governing bodies:
- Directing Committee: overviews all CIRED activities and plans new operations for CIRED community.
- Advisory Committee: prepares meetings for Directing Committee and executes tasks given by Directing Committee.
- Technical Committee: manages technical activities such as: events organization, paper reviewing, etc.
- Additional governing bodies:
- National Committees: provide support to local members and connecting them with international CIRED.
- Session Advisory Groups: provide support and guidance to Session chairmans in achieving technical goals.
Members of governing bodies are elected every odd year in CIRED regular meetings. The mandate of the elected member lasts for 2 years. In general elected member mandate can not exceed 4 years or 2 mandates.
6 DOMAINS OF WORK
Strategic topics that define key areas of research in distribution systems are divided into 6 domains of work (6 Sessions):
The same Sesssions are also structured in Slovenian National Comittee CIRED.
WORKING GROUPS AND CONNECTING WITH GLOBAL EXPERTS
International CIRED has a goal of promoting research and gaining practical experiences for distribution system experts on a global level. The driving forces of the technical results are CIRED’s international working groups and joint CIGRE-CIRED working groups, the latter are joining experts from CIGRE as well as from CIRED into common working groups. Through sharing of practical experiences, reasearching technical domains and connecting with international experts, CIRED working groups are successfully overcoming new challenges that occur in distribution systems. The list of international CIRED working groups can be found here, the list of joint CIGRE-CIRED working groups can be found here.